Peanut the AIA membership hound wants you to join!
Why become a member of the Abell Improvement Association?
Membership is about showing your support for the activities of the AIA - continuing to make our neighborhood a great place to live. Many of us chose to live here because this neighborhood is special and it is up to all of us to take care of and continue to improve it. Everyone benefits from work we do!
Your annual dues of only $5 per person make a huge difference! Our goal is to have 300 members this year! Let’s make that happen! Your contribution helps to cover basic operating costs, like printing newsletters, costs of community events, Open Space maintenance, initial Street Fair costs, and more. (You don’t need to be a member to participate in social events or to receive the newsletter, but your support is appreciated!!)
What does the Abell Improvement Association do for you?
- Maintains and improves the Open Space and garden on
- Provides yearly service for parking renewals
- Organizes the Annual Street Fair
- Plans social events including the Memorial Day picnic, New Year’s Eve progressive dinner and holiday caroling
- Improves lighting in our neighborhood with free Light the Night light bulbs for front porches
- Continues Clean ups at least 2 times a year
- Advocates for community improvements including pedestrian lighting, better City services, enforcement of housing and sanitation violations and liquor Board issues, and more
- Keeps the neighborhood connected and well informed through monthly newsletters, website and members e-mail list
- Pursues grants and other resources to improve the neighborhood as needed
- Movies in the Open Space and more
Download the membership application form.
Members Email List:
Are you interested in receiving news and announcements for members of the AIA? If so, sign up to this email distribution list: http://abellimprovement.org/mailman/listinfo/members_abellimprovement.org