The Abell Improvement Association (AIA) was incorporated in 1973 as the official neighborhood association for the Abell Community.
The purposes of the Association are to:
- Foster the general welfare of all residents of our community
- Maintain our community’s appearance, safety, and good order
- Promote cultural, racial, and ethnic harmony
- Foster a strong sense of neighborliness and community spirit
- Represent the community’s interest to local and state government.
(from current AIA Bylaws revised and approved January 2008)
The general membership of the AIA meets quarterly usually during January, April, July or August, and October or November. The Executive Committee meets on the second Saturday of every month. Meetings are open to the public.
Click here for our Bylaws.
Officers for 2014
Jo Ann Robinson Corresponding Secretary
Committees and Chairpersons
Membership/Welcome Joel Urbanowicz
Housing Susanne Riveles
Newsletter Open Space Manager Haakon Maxwell Parking and Transit
Michael Klima Street Fair Haakon Maxwell and Joel Urbanowicz CVCBDMA Reps Jim Anthony and Emil Volcheck